The Three Choirs Festival is looking for a new Board member to assume the role of Treasurer.
Collectively, the TCF board oversee the strategic direction of the organisation and delegate day-to-day delivery of the festivals to the professional administrative team, in close collaboration with the Chief Executive. Board members act as ambassadors for the festival, liaise with the central office to maximise fundraising opportunities and help to raise the festival’s profile and develop links with other organisations. They approve the development of plans for the festival, providing feedback and support to the Chief Executive who manages the detail and delivery of charity’s work.
The role of Treasurer includes some specific duties in addition to the general responsibilities of trustees:
- To be a voice of financial expertise on the board, able to advise on accountancy and charity SORP regulation
- To chair the quarterly Finance sub-committee, agreeing in advance papers and agendas prepared by the Head of Finance and Chief Executive, and reporting the committee’s discussions and recommendations to each Board meeting
- To be a part of the Investments committee, attending meetings with the stockbroker as required
- To review the reserves policy on an annual basis and present any amendments to the board for approval
- To prepare the financial narrative included in the trustees report as part of the organisation’s Annual Accounts
- Be available to provide secondary authorisation for high-value expenditure in accordance with the organisation’s financial procedures
- With the head of Finance, to meet with auditors in advance of the AGM to discuss the audit findings review
- Periodically review financial entries and records
For more information and how to apply, please click here.