We will start recruiting volunteers for the Gloucester 2019 festival from early next year.
With hundreds of volunteers involved each year, there are many exciting ways to get involved with the festival. You will work alongside a professional festival team to deliver a quality festival experience for festival goers. Whether you are looking to work in arts administration, event management or stage production, or you are simply passionate about music, we can provide you with valuable experience in all aspects of running a festival.
You are asked to commit to a minimum of four hours per day for the duration of the festival. The work can be demanding, and you will be required to take on a variety of tasks in several locations. You will need to be adaptable and flexible to changes in the daily requirements of the festival. If you work longer than a four-hour shift per day, you will be given a per diem for food and drink, and you will also be eligible for free standby tickets for concerts if they are available on the day.
If you are friendly, self-motivated and enthusiastic, you can apply by filling in an online form from early 2019.
You will need to read and agree to the Volunteer Charter, and be available for induction and training before the festival.
Volunteer roles include:
Pre-festival venue set-up and site build
- Organising and arranging site facilities
- Setting up venue spaces
- Creating and putting up festival signage
- Setting up dressing rooms
- Waste and recycling management
- Issuing festival passes
- Distributing information to staff and volunteers
- General office tasks
- Helping in the ticket office
- Helping with daily rotas and schedules
Front of house
- Welcoming audiences
- Stewarding and directing audiences to their seats
- Selling programmes
- Coach monitors
- Maintaining the dressing rooms and artist space
- Answering any artist queries
- Pastoral care for young artists (subject to DBS check)
- Chaperoning (subject to DBS check)
Venues and events
- Event management
- Preparing the stage for performance
- Assisting with get-ins and load-outs
- Changing over music stands or chairs during intervals or between pieces
- Page turning
Please contact Mijanou Blech for more information.