Each year, our team of dedicated volunteers plays a crucial role in the running of the festival. If you are enthusiastic, hard-working and would love to be part of a world-class music festival with like-minded people, you might be just who we're looking for.
With hundreds of volunteers involved each year, there are many exciting ways to get involved, working alongside our professional team to deliver a high-quality festival experience. Whether you want to support a festival you love, are looking to start a career in arts administration, event management or stage production, or are simply passionate about music, we can provide you with valuable experience in all aspects of running a festival.
Volunteering can be flexible around your schedule, and any amount of time you can give will be hugely appreciated. Volunteer roles can often be tailored to your own interests and may include a variety of different tasks across different locations. Perks such as free standby tickets for concerts are also available.
Once you have submitted the short application form and equal opportunities form, we will be in touch regularly with updates about plans and timelines for the festival. You will need to be available for induction and training before the festival, but this can be adjusted to your availability.
*Please read the Volunteer Charter before applying.
Volunteer opportunities include:
Pre-festival venue set-up and site build
- Organising and arranging site facilities
- Setting up venue spaces
- Creating and putting up festival signage
- Setting up dressing rooms
- Waste and recycling management
- Issuing festival passes
- Distributing information to staff and volunteers
- General office tasks
- Helping in the ticket office
- Helping with daily rotas and schedules
Front of House
- Welcoming audiences
- Stewarding and directing audiences to their seats
- Selling programmes
- Coach monitors
- Maintaining the dressing rooms and artist space
- Answering any artist queries
- Pastoral care for young artists (subject to DBS check)
- Chaperoning (subject to DBS check)
Venues and Events
- Event management
- Preparing the stage for performance
- Assisting with get-ins and load-outs
- Changing over music stands or chairs during intervals or between pieces
- Page turning
Please note that unfortunately we cannot accept applications from anyone under the age of 16. Anyone aged 16-18 who would like to get involved should contact Jessica Robson-Hill before applying.
For any further enquiries about specific volunteering roles, please contact Jessica Robson-Hill.