After this difficult year, the Three Choirs Festival needs your help more than ever. By volunteering, you will play an integral and valued role in the running of our festival this summer, no matter what form the festival takes. With hundreds of volunteers involved each year, there are many exciting ways to get involved with the festival. You will work alongside a professional festival team to deliver a quality festival experience for festival goers. Whether you are looking to work in arts administration, event management or stage production, or you are simply passionate about music, we can provide you with valuable experience in all aspects of running a festival.
Volunteering can be flexible around your schedule, and there is no minimum amount of time required - any time you can give will be valued and will go a long way. The roles we assign are frequently tailored to your own interests and may include taking on a variety of different tasks, often at different locations.
Should you work longer than a five-hour shift, you will be entitled to claim a per diem for food and drink while on duty, and you will also be eligible for free standby tickets for concerts, if they are available on the day. A festival is a constantly changing, fast and fun environment - if you are adaptable and flexible, as well as friendly, self-motivated and enthusiastic, volunteering could be perfect for you!
All volunteer roles will be operated in a COVID safe and secure manner to guarantee the safety of every volunteer. Please note that opportunities to join us this year are currently subject to change. After you submit your application form, we will be in touch to regularly update you with plans and timelines for the 2021 festival, as they develop. You will need to read and agree to the Volunteer Charter, and be available for induction and training before the festival.
If you are happy to join us on this basis, you can apply by filling in an online form here.
Please note that unfortunately we cannot accept applications from volunteers aged under 16. Anyone aged between 16-18 who would like to get involved should contact Anna Crosby before applying.
Volunteer roles include:
Pre-festival venue set-up and site build
- Organising and arranging site facilities
- Setting up venue spaces
- Creating and putting up festival signage
- Setting up dressing rooms
- Waste and recycling management
- Issuing festival passes
- Distributing information to staff and volunteers
- General office tasks
- Helping in the ticket office
- Helping with daily rotas and schedules
Front of house
- Welcoming audiences
- Stewarding and directing audiences to their seats
- Selling programmes
- Coach monitors
- Maintaining the dressing rooms and artist space
- Answering any artist queries
- Pastoral care for young artists (subject to DBS check)
- Chaperoning (subject to DBS check)
Venues and events
- Event management
- Preparing the stage for performance
- Assisting with get-ins and load-outs
- Changing over music stands or chairs during intervals or between pieces
- Page turning
- Assisting the Friends with serving in the festival marquee
- Helping with pre-concert dinners
- Using the till in the festival marquee
- Acting as a friendly point of contact for audiences
For any further enquiries about specific volunteering roles, please contact Anna Crosby.