Youth ChoirJoin in
This year we are teaming up with the British Youth Opera for a performance of Vaughan Williams’ The Pilgrim’s Progress. The orchestra will be the RPO. The conductor will be Charlotte Corderoy who was herself once a member of the Three Choirs Festival Youth Choir.
The Youth Choir will be prepared and trained by Geraint Bowen, director of music at Hereford Cathedral, who will also conduct the Youth Choir in their own evensong, on the Sunday of festival week.
- Rehearsals July 8 & 9 and July 15 & 16, Gloucester
- Rehearsal in London July 19 (day trip), London
- Rehearsal 22 July (Saturday) afternoon, Gloucester
- Rehearsal in afternoon and evensong, 23 July (Sunday), Gloucester Cathedral
- Concert Monday 24 July, The Pilgrim’s Progress, Gloucester Cathedral
Additionally, the sopranos and altos are being offered the (optional) extra opportunity to sing in the semi chorus of The Apostles which will be performed on the last night of the festival, with the Philharmonia Orchestra.
- Rehearsal in morning 28 July (Friday), Apostles sopranos and altos only
- Concert Saturday 29 July, The Apostles, Gloucester Cathedral
It’s a really exciting set of dates!
If you would like to sign up to take part in the Youth Choir, please follow this link: